Get your School Involved
If you are considering a change to your existing program or would like to implement a new instrumental program, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss further. We can tailor a program to suit the needs of your school.
St Louis Primary
St Marks Primary
St Peters Primary
Tucker Road Primary
St Annes Primary
What Makes Kids On Key Different From Other Music Programs?
- Kids on Key is a locally based teaching business where the director Cath Dowling makes it a priority to personally teach at each of the schools where Kids on Key operates. This ensures good communication between the school, parents and teachers
- Enrolment numbers continue to grow each year. We started out with 20 enrolments are now have well over 250 students enrolled in the program at 5 local schools: St Peter’s – East Bentleigh, St Louis – Aspendale, St. Anne’s – Seaford, Tucker Rd Primary and St Mark’s – Dingley.
- Kids on Key employs a small number of committed and talented teachers who together can offer a broad range of tuition options. We also have easy access to instrument rental agencies as well.
- Our aim is not to get too big. We only want to extend to 1 or 2 more schools so that we keep things manageable and Cath is still able to teach at each of the schools.
- Due to the small size of the business, there are not a lot of overheads and staff are paid at a good rate which encourages them to stay for the long term.
Other advantages of Kids on Key:
- We offer a 10% discount for siblings.
- We are willing to provide assistance to school fund raising projects by way of lesson vouchers for silent auctions, raffles etc.
- Kids on Key has current public liability insurance which covers injury to students, damage to school property and Kids on Keys musical equipment to the value of $5,000,000.
- Kids on Key provides all employees with WorkCover Insurance which covers personal injury to music teachers whilst on school premises.
- Kids on Key keeps an up to date personalised Health and Safety Manual and provides ongoing training to all music staff in this area
- Kids on Key policies and procedures are also in line with the new Child Safety Guidelines recently brought into schools.
- We are able to provide a broad range of instrument tuition options and will liaise with the school to determine which instruments the school would like to offer to students.
- We also offer a very unique and successful program called Beginner ABC which runs over 2 terms and give students an opportunity to try a variety of instruments.
- We are happy to provide parents with advice on purchasing/renting instruments and have a link on our website for instrument rental options.
- Kids on Key offers small group tuition with a maximum of 4 students. Duo and private lessons are also available on selected instruments.
- There is opportunity for students to prepare for and sit for official music exams through the AMEB and ANZCA syllabus.
- We are also very happy to run weekly band sessions, small instrumental ensembles and arrange periodic performances throughout the school year.
- Kids on Key will take responsibility for the total administration of the music program, and will ensure there is good and regular communication between the school, parents and music teachers.