Learn Music Anywhere
Kids on Key is now offering online lessons in the comfort of your own home to all students who attend one of Kids
on Key’s music schools. Online lessons will be conducted through the zoom platform.
The benefits of online lessons:
- If you are a school student you can do lessons outside of school hours
- No driving involved (mums and dads love this one)
- You can still be a full participant in all Kids on Key concerts & events
- It is much easier to focus during online lessons as there is little outside distraction
- Zoom is an excellent medium for learning as it uses fun interactive whiteboards & has so many great features that make learning fun
- If you are a student at one of Kids on Keys Primary Schools you can continue learning with us through high school and beyond
- Weekly lessons are 30 mins in duration and take place outside school hours on weekdays and Saturdays/Sundays depending on the student and music teachers availability
- If you are a student at one of our schools please see your particular school’s drop down menu for online lesson costings
- A discount is offered for siblings, early payment and choosing direct debit as a payment option
- Currently zoom lessons will only be offered for duo & private students only (group options might be available further down the track)
After one year of keyboard, we were pleasantly surprised how well Christy performed as part of a group in a lovely end of year concert. Christy found further motivation when I finally made time to squeeze in a few private lessons so that she could measure her progress by completing exams. The group and private lessons provide complementary outcomes, by creating a musician who wants to improve and who can play as part of a group. Cath has a caring approach, and there is no pressure to take on private lessons.
My daughter has been attending Kids on Key through our school for the last 4 years. In this time she has developed a love of music and fostered a wonderful relationship with her music teacher. Kids on Key has provided my daughter with a positive, fun and challenging music program. My daughter is excited to be partaking in her next ANZCA exam for piano this year and I am positive that her love of music and piano is because of the fantastic environment provided by Kids on Key.
My children have been learning keyboard for about 4 years with Kids on Key. I think it is a fantastic program, especially as these classes can be done around school times. My children have learned to read music as well as learn keyboard, both of which I truly believe helps to expand our children’s mind for many other areas of their life, similar to the benefits of learning another language, and Susan is just a wonderful teacher. The opportunity to further the education with exams and grading is there for the students that wish to pursue their instruments further.
My daughter has really enjoyed her Zoom guitar lessons during ISO. The audio is great at both ends, the teacher can see everything she’s doing with her hands and she is very engaged. On the technical side, I'm amazed how seamless the process is and how well it all works.
Catherine Green – St Peter’s
During the COVID lockdown, music lessons went online and I was a bit apprehensive about how it would work. After we sorted all the technical stuff, I was really surprised by how much Nate engaged in the lessons. He told me after a month or so that he really enjoys having the lessons online and that he finds it easier to focus and learn. The way Cath sets it up works really well in terms of seeing the keyboard and taking turns in playing and listening. Nate's been more motivated than ever to practice and engage in the end of term concert. He's thinking about continuing online lessons when school returns, so he doesn't miss out on school time.
Gwyneth Rees - Tucker Rd Primary
The online music lessons offered by Kids on Key have been fabulous. The sessions were scheduled around our existing commitments, were well structured and tailored to suit the needs of my son. It was easier for my son to focus, without any external disruptions, and he made good progress during this time. I will certainly be considering online lessons for the future.
Lorraine Theodore – Resurrection Primary