2019 St Louis Concert
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the instrumentalists for their wonderful performances at our end-of-year instrumental concerts recently, a celebration of another year of learning for our developing musicians.
The concert theme was “Music Legends”, with each student performing a solo piece of their choosing and participating in a group song relating to the theme. The group songs are an important part of our music program because they provide a valuable opportunity for the students to develop aural skills and musical confidence, and help with practice motivation because they are part of a team.
Well done to students who were presented with awards on concert night in recognition of dedication across a range of areas such as home practice, perseverance and attitude:
- Keyboard Award Recipients: Siena Rojas, Luciana Avila, Teagan Smullen, Siena Baker, Sienna Turner, Isa Larcena-Abejuela, Leni Larcena-Abejuela & Max Calvez
- Guitar Award Recipients: Daniel Cussigh, Tahlia Buza, Lana Horn, Jessica Jhooman & John Inton
- Drums Award Recipients: Christopher Florea & Jacob Laughlin
- Vocal Award Recipients: Arli Martin &Bianca Karvonidis
- Violin Award Recipient: Aivana Kaushik
- Outstanding Student Awards: Luke Waters (clarinet) & Dean Fonte (drums)
- Dojo Winner 2019: Christopher Kelsey
We would also like to recognise the wonderful achievements of St Louis’ students who undertook instrumental examinations with the Australian and New Zealand Cultural Arts Ltd in 2019:
- Grade Preparatory Piano: Caitlyn Sin Mew Cheung
- Grade One Piano: Vivian Peiris
We would like to extend a thank you to all instrumental parents for your continued support of your children’s musical endeavours through home practice and encouragement.
A big congratulations to all the students who took part in the music program this year. We are very proud of all of you!
The Kids on Key Music Team