2018 St Tucker Rd’s Concert
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the instrumentalists for their wonderful performances at our end-of-year instrumental concerts recently, a celebration of another year of learning for our developing musicians.
The concert theme was “Movie Themes”, with each student performing a solo piece of their choosing and participating in a group song relating to the theme. The group songs are an important part of our music program because they provide a valuable opportunity for the students to develop aural skills and musical confidence, and help with practice motivation because they are part of a team.
Well done to students who were presented with awards on concert night in recognition of dedication across a range of areas such as home practice, perseverance, and attitude:
- Keyboard Award Recipients: Charlotte Bodenstaff, Monica Curliano, Lucas Gabler, Harry Glass, Nathan Rees-Marom, Alisha Turner & Ella Walton
- Guitar Award Recipients: Ella Friedman, Damon Hill & Jack Kidney
- Woodwind Award Recipient: Michael Chen
- Vocal Award Recipients: Indiana Brkic & Mia Cashmore
- Violin Award Recipients: Piper Harris & Taylor Elton
We would also like to recognise the wonderful achievements of Tucker Rd’s students who undertook instrumental examinations with the Australian Music Examinations Board in 2018:
- Grade One Piano: Tian Ru He
We would also like to extend a thank you to all instrumental parents for your continued support of your children’s musical endeavours through home practice and encouragement.
A big congratulations to all the students who took part in the music program this year. We are very proud of all of you!
The Kids on Key Music Team