2018 St Peters Concert
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the instrumentalists for their wonderful performances at our end-of-year instrumental concerts recently, a celebration of another year of learning for our developing musicians.
The concert theme was “Movie Themes”, with each student performing a solo piece of their choosing and participating in a group song relating to the theme. The group songs are an important part of our music program because they provide a valuable opportunity for the students to develop aural skills and musical confidence, and help with practice motivation because they are part of a team.
Well done to students who were presented with awards on concert night in recognition of dedication across a range of areas such as home practice, perseverance and attitude:
- Keyboard Award Recipients: Syanne Ancora, Kate Bates, Jake Baratta, Leilani Buttie, Darcy Hoad, Charlotte King, Chloe McDowell, Aislin Parker, Ashleigh Petrie, Mitchell Plozza & Stephanie Qu
- Guitar and Ukelele Award Recipients: George Batzaxis, Tom Kearney, Ella Mathews, Baxter Phillips, William Plozza & Sid Noble
- Violin Award Recipients: Ryan Burke, Isabella Hoad, Millie Lane & Isaac Peluso
- Drums Award Recipient: Ned Cannington
- Vocal Award Recipients: Eliza Forster & Ruby Wilson
We would also like to recognise the wonderful achievements of St Peter’s students who undertook piano examinations with the Australian and New Zealand Cultural Arts Ltd in 2018:
- Grade Preparatory: Chelsea Carr
- Grade Preliminary: Stefano Torre, Aislin Parker, Leilani Buttie, Karla Martinz & Ashleigh Petrie
- Grade Two: Josie Donald
We would also like to extend a thank you to all instrumental parents for your continued support of your children’s musical endeavours through home practice and encouragement.
A big congratulations to all the students who took part in the music program this year. We are very proud of all of you!
The Kids on Key Music Team