Kids on Key End of Year Concert Report
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all the instrumentalists for their wonderful performances at our end-of-year instrumental concerts recently, a celebration of another year of learning for our developing musicians.
The concert theme was ”Classical Music”, with each student performing a solo piece of their choosing and participating in a group song relating to the theme. The group songs are an important part of our music program because they provide a valuable opportunity for the students to develop aural skills and musical confidence, and help with practice motivation because they are part of a team.
Well done to students who were presented with awards on concert night in recognition of dedication across a range of areas such as home practice, perseverance and attitude:
- Keyboard – Annalisa Calvi, Sienna Makhlout, Hayden Donald, Kiara Ancora, Samantha Stenos, Karla Martinz, Oliver Martinz, Abigail Cant, Noah Lazarro, Aylssa Mercuri
- Recorder– Kaitlyn Rodrigues,
- Clarinet – Natasha Kalavrouziotis
- Guitar – Thomas Scown, Lachlan English, Murphy Dale, Lachlan Houniet, Yali Lin, Maya Broderick
We would also like to recognise the wonderful achievements of St Peter’s students who undertook piano examinations with the Australian and New Zealand Cultural Arts Ltd in 2014:
- Introductory: Elaine Phan, Abigail Cant, Robert Kosta-McCance
- Gr ade Preparatory: Nicholas Kouroupis, Cecily Pope
- Grade Preliminary: Emma Kibsguuard, Christina Mitten
- Grade One: Keenan D’Souza, Katie Ferrigno,
- Samantha Kinatar
Thank you to audience members who generously gave a gold-coin donation which has enabled Kids on Key to continue our World Vision child sponsorship of Ackina Ngoma from Zambia. We would also like to extend a thank you to all instrumental parents for your continued support of your children’s musical endeavours through home practice and encouragement.
A big congratulations to all the students who took part in the music program this year. We are very proud of all of you!!
Cath Dowling & Susan Williams